Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers)
Quakeman224 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers)

Everyone will hate what I will say.

I love Penumbra indepth story. However at the end of Oveture I felt lost. Overture felt more like a prologue, It didn't show the whole story until Black Plague. That shows what Howard was discovery and what Phillip fell into. It was impressive and very deep. Plus in Overture, Red was the best memoriable character ever. I cried just to see him died after all he has helped you in that dark depths of that mine. Black Plague made a more better Ending with more clues towards Why this facilty was here. What was going on. And why did anyone have to discovered this.

Requim I thought would answer those question........it did not. Requim to me did abosulty nothing to embraces more of Penumbra's World. instead we go into weird worlds and puzzle solving with no purpose, only to find out we kill ourselves with Red. Was it sanity? Did Phillip go insane? And nothing else was explain afterwards. I think it should have more information then ending it like that. I was so disappointed with Requim. Oveture was great and Black Plague was Way better.......then Requim made me scratch my head and make me confused. That Fear when I was playing the other two simply wasn't there. It was good......but was missing major story elements after finishing Black Plague. Who was the letter too, why did Phillip undergo these trips. and so on. Question that I will never have answered. And they need to be.
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra Series Ending Discussion (spoilers) - by Quakeman224 - 09-07-2010, 08:56 PM