Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Prefer a silent protagonist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes i would.
11.76%
4 11.76%
No, Simon is ok.
88.24%
30 88.24%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers]
THX1138 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers]

(11-25-2015, 01:27 PM)SlackerinDeNile Wrote: I made a similar complaint about the ending a couple of weeks ago, but I completely disagree, Simon is supposed to represent the typical lay-man hero in science-fiction. He's an average guy with only a reasonable amount of education compared to the people who staffed PATHOS-II, of course he's going to overreact to his situation. This is done to justify Catherine's exposition about the nature of SOMA's world and technology.

By the way, SOMA wasn't originally meant to be a full on horror game, clearly you were expecting a spiritual sequel to Penumbra, not that I blame you with the way Frictional ended up marketing it in the end and the way they designed some of the levels and enemies.

Exactly. Not only was he apparently of average intelligence in the first place but he'd been brain damaged in an accident. People expect too much of the character.
08-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would prefer a silent protagonist. [spoilers] - by THX1138 - 08-23-2016, 09:25 AM