The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of someone with FBX to Amnesia experience.
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
In need of someone with FBX to Amnesia experience.

Yo, so I've got this little thing going right, it might be a monster and it might not be, to be revealed at a later date.

Anyway with 1.3 now having FBX support I figured I'd use that since I'm a 3D's Max user and the DAE support for max is the just about the worst thing since WWII.

I did some work back on AMFP and back then FBX worked just fine, however they must have used a different FBX implementation for 1.3 because this time around, it doesn't freakin' work.

Per usual for us Max users, the scaling is totally of, and materials do not show up on the mesh. I can get the DAE verision of it showing up with materials and all just like before, however it will be completely impossible for me to animate using DAE due to the broken support.

So is there anyone out there whom has successfully imported FBX models ( preferably animated ) into HPL that could give me a hand with this? Because it's driving me insane how bad this works.

And before you ask, yes I've studied up on the wiki aswell, problem is that the wiki is entirely written for Maya, with no mention of being maya specific, so for those of us who do not use maya, it's pretty useless.
11-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
In need of someone with FBX to Amnesia experience. - by Traggey - 11-25-2015, 04:41 PM