Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture - other Languages
NeatNit Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages

ok, let me try to rephrase that Smile

Games are best in English

better!

lol

ok really though. I may be contradicting my previous posts a bit, so ignore that, k?
It all depends on the quality of the translation. If there wasn't even the slightest attempt to translate idioms to similar ones in the other language, then the translation is going to get you really out of the mood and atmosphere. Which, as we all know, is just about the worst possible thing to do to a horror game.
It also matters, for a fully-voiced game, that the dubing is of good quality. They usually make it too loud, use bad microphones, don't emphasize it right etc. from my experience (usually more voice-acting problems than technical problems). Which is what brought me to the conclusion that the original voice is always going to be the best. Because when it was recorded, they cared.

Honestly I can't know how it is in different languages, so I might be wrong here and there might actually be people who care more when translating to german. I don't know.

As for your post - do you first write your posts in your mother tounge and then translate them to English? I know I don't!
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by dancle - 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by jens - 05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by jens - 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by tacc - 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by tacc - 05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by NeatNit - 05-09-2010, 09:11 PM