Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Overture - other Languages
Felix Atagong Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages

(05-05-2010, 06:15 PM)dancle Wrote: I buyed the game from the Humble Indie Pack, but i cant find other languages, only english. Where can i get the other languages for this game?

Being the bloke who made, years ago, the Dutch version of Penumbra 2006 Tech Demo, I recall that it is enough to open the English.lang file with any text editor and to translate every single sentence into the language of your choice.

Example:
The line that says:
<Entry Name="DescFuseArea">These look like industrial fuses.</Entry>
should become, in Dutch:
<Entry Name="DescFuseArea">Dit zijn industriêle zekeringen.</Entry>

Do this for the 1130 lines of text in the game.
Save the result as as Dutch.lang in the config folder.

Although I didn't try it you have to change the language parameter in the default.cfg file as well.

Of course the spoken words will still be in English, but this can be altered as well. Just listen and note down every ogg file (with Audacity for instance) and record Red's voice in your own language. Save the results as ogg files and use (evidently) the same naming conventions.

It's a lot easier than getting past the zombie dogs!

Some Penumbra 2006 TD Hints and a Dutch localisation file can be found at http://atagong.com/penumbra
05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by dancle - 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by jens - 05-05-2010, 06:18 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by jens - 05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by tacc - 05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by tacc - 05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
RE: Penumbra Overture - other Languages - by Felix Atagong - 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM