Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animated Skyboxes
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Animated Skyboxes

Oh that was a great explanation!!!
I do understand about these quality things, I mean amnesia is one of the smartes game that is "low performance good" because it's so smart, things you can't see like "behind floor" is nothing to save up some mb's, same for some objects, if there is a ball with spikes on top of it, the inside of the spike ball isn't actually textures or whatever, pretty smart, some games still have these things filled with useless textures but still, now about the skyplane, I really don't see a point of investing money to it...
If I was a decent modeller, I'd probably made a BIG cloud that turns around from the bottom of the map, till the very top...

Wanna show this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLt3jwRYF4I
watch some parts of it, you'd probably see the player looking up, and I know it's something you don't get close to, but we all can't deny how beautifull that "explosion after effect" looks like, I mean I played this myself couple of times, and I enjoy so much of these things I mean it looks so good, but thank yo uso much for your explanation Smile
Appreciate!!
I'm happy enough that current games atleast have skyboxes without pixels on it xD
01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Animated Skyboxes - by Nanatsumi - 12-17-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by Romulator - 12-18-2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by Spelos - 12-19-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by Amnesiaplayer - 01-24-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by Spelos - 01-24-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by Amnesiaplayer - 01-25-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Animated Skyboxes - by GoreGrinder99 - 01-28-2016, 10:07 PM