Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Having a teeny bit of a problem compiling...
RogueLeader Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Having a teeny bit of a problem compiling...

(06-17-2010, 02:21 AM)steviebob Wrote: It compiled fine, now just how do I play it?

You need to put the binary in the install directory of the actual game (the one with resources.cfg). What I've done is simply link my compiled binary into this dir. It stays current that way. In this dir, there is a script called "penumbra" that launches the binary. I modified it to call my (linked) "overture.bin" rather than "penumbra.bin", so that way I can launch my modified copy as if I were launching the game proper.

Note: I have the full Penumbra collection installed. If you just have Overture, the filenames might be different. (I dunno-- I had only played the standalone Overture for about 20-30 minutes after buying THIB before I forked over the extra $5 for the other games-- I was that impressed!) The idea will be the same, though. I think the other option is to just copy all the game data into your build directory, but that's messier imo.
06-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having a teeny bit of a problem compiling... - by RogueLeader - 06-17-2010, 07:15 AM