Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Multiple solutions to puzzles (spoliers!)
naturon Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Multiple solutions to puzzles (spoliers!)

I have one. Remember the puzzle in Black Plague where you arrive outside for the first time? Where the icy bridge breaks? My first thought was to stack boxes up on the area below and jump over the gap from there. My first course of action was to take a relatively expendable box (the medium-sized one) and launch it off the gap so that it would hit the ice plate down below. The ice plate tipped over due to the weight of the box which conveniently slipped off gradually. After that I built the tower of boxes. I started by taking the largest container and dropped it off the gap carefully. Thankfully it landed in the way I had hoped (it was an oblong box, I had hoped the long side was turning up).

After a lot of painkiller usage and stacking more and more boxes, I finally ended with the smallest boxes on top, two of them. The tower seemed very stable to me, so I took the last remaining box and stacked it just at the point where the gap begins. I jumped from there up to the tower and it became very tipsy and unsteady so I sort of panicked and just ran as far as I could and jumped. I had landed at the other side of the gap and watched the tower fall to the abyss. Immediately after that I noticed that there was a path right beside the gap where you could walk safely.

My method was a lot more adventurous though IMO. Not sure if it was intended to actually work, since it was very tricky to accomplish. I tried it again after dying and I failed plenty of times (although it was a lot easier now that I realized that you could actually light a flame in the barrel, it really didn't occur to me at the time, frantically trying to transcend the gap).
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Multiple solutions to puzzles (spoliers!) - by naturon - 06-24-2010, 01:17 PM