Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How you prefer your horror games:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
With weapons.
4.17%
1 4.17%
With no weapons.
16.67%
4 16.67%
With weapons and no weapons.
79.17%
19 79.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Weapons or no weapons in horror games?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games?

I am a difficult customer to please in this department. If you give me a gun that even HALF works, I will try my damn hardest to hoard ammo and make even a near useless weapon a powerful tool against the horror. This is a main reason why personally handing me any form of self-defense will greatly detract from my horror feeling because I will deconstruct it as hard as I can and make it it into a strategic tool of survival.

It's a very difficult department and balance to be drawn for me because my personal play style will be able to find the worth in even the most useless weapons and make it a tool which allows me to no longer feel horror. Buff the weapons too much and the game becomes action horror. Nerf the weapons too much and why give me weapons in the first place if they're not going to do anything?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 06:07 PM by Kreekakon.)
01-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weapons or no weapons in horror games? - by Kreekakon - 01-18-2016, 06:04 PM