Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Changing tastes
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41
RE: Changing tastes

Gravit! Try out Crypt of the Necrodancer; it's great Big Grin think rogue-lite, rhythm game that somehow makes all that work brilliantly together. Not to mention you can add your own music instead of the OST (the OST's brilliant too, though).

On topic: I found my taste actually hasn't changed that much over the years. It's matured, but it hasn't really switched genres. My fondest memories of childhood gaming involve kicking my dad's butt at MarioKart - and I still enjoy that game more than anything else.

The biggest difference I noticed is that I've become more picky about my games. As a kid, even the games in the bottom of cereal boxes seemed incredible. Some examples of games I played/owned:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA), MarioKart Double Dash, Deer Hunting (PC, 2001-ish), Bass Fishing Pro (PC, 2001-ish), Nintendogs (DS), Horsez (Wii), Luigi's Mansion (GC), SIMS (PC, original release), and Supermario Sunshine (GC)

Then there was a weird middle phase where I played F2P mmorpgs, Aion Online, Fiesta, Dragons' Nest, etc..

And now we're at: Spec Ops, Amnesia, SOMA, Mario Kart (Double Dash is still the best and I will fight you on that), Crypt of the NecroDancer, Bastion, Transistor, Dark Souls, Bioshock (whole series), System Shock, One Way Heroics, Tetris... (who doesn't play Tetris?)

If anything, the concentration of narrative focussed games has increased a ton and my less "deep-thought" games are much more bite-size when it comes to the time commitment per play session. Definitely more conscious about the quality of games I'm playing now though.

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
01-24-2016, 03:16 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Changing tastes - by MrSteve - 01-21-2016, 05:46 PM
RE: Changing tastes - by Yuhaney - 01-21-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: Changing tastes - by Froge - 01-21-2016, 07:56 PM
RE: Changing tastes - by GrAVit - 01-21-2016, 09:09 PM
RE: Changing tastes - by CarnivorousJelly - 01-24-2016, 03:16 AM
RE: Changing tastes - by GrAVit - 01-24-2016, 05:08 AM
RE: Changing tastes - by MrSteve - 01-25-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Changing tastes - by CarnivorousJelly - 01-25-2016, 09:31 PM