Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Probably not buying this one. :(
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Probably not buying this one. :(

I completely disagree with you, but I understand where you're coming from. There are quite a few people who seem to dislike having an avatar in a game, and rather wish to feel like part of the world themselves, rather than a character in the world. I'm never immersed by games like Half-Life 2 or Call of Duty, or point and click adventure games like Dark Fall: Lost Souls because they all take place in an objective standpoint, but it's better for someone who wants to apply her own personality to the game.

Amnesia is told with a subjective standpoint, meaning it's biased toward one way the player should or will probably behave. It has things like head bob and realistic idle movements. The game itself allows for more freedom of interaction than Call of Duty or Half-Life 2, but it comes at a cost, meaning that it tries to keep you in the insanity mindset by having your avatar react to stimuli as much as you do. Going into the room that goes dark near the end of the first level was a really intense thing to me because I like games with subjective standpoints more and Danny's reaction reflected my own. I like to be an actual character rather than the noiseless, inhuman Gordon Freeman, and if Daniel is a man with a story and quirks like these, it works for me.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by Sexbad - 09-06-2010, 12:50 AM
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by MatroXX - 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM
RE: Probably not buying this one. :( - by lobban - 09-06-2010, 03:32 PM