Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia vs Penumbra
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra

I liked all the Penumbra games, aside from Clarence Quest. From what I've seen of Amnesia, it looks like the game has more of an aimless feel, where both you and your character are equally lost and unsure of themselves and their surroundings. In Penumbra your character was on a mission, they had a goal. In Amnesia all you have is a note from yourself telling you that you have to kill someone you've never even heard of before. How can I be sure that I'm even Daniel? How can I be sure this note was written by myself? How can I know I'm not being tricked? I really can't. Oh well, here goes nothing. That's the feeling I get going into Amnesia, where as Penumbra I knew why I was where I was, I was there by choice, and I was making progress towards a goal I had in mind before I even got control of my character.

I also want to say that if Amnesia has a Clarence equivalent I will jump off a bridge. A tall bridge, that goes over a canyon. The entirety of Black Plague was played with a cab driver leaning over my shoulder making intentionally annoying unhelpful comments about the game I was playing.
09-08-2010, 04:09 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia vs Penumbra - by LeftySwin - 09-08-2010, 03:32 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by MassacrMan - 09-08-2010, 03:54 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by Unreal - 09-08-2010, 03:59 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by C-zom - 09-08-2010, 04:03 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by Chopper - 09-08-2010, 04:09 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by Mikezila - 09-08-2010, 04:09 AM
RE: Amnesia vs Penumbra - by LeftySwin - 09-08-2010, 04:17 AM