Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
PvtLastClass Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

I think outdoors COULD actually work. But there would need to be certain aspects to make it scary.
1. The player should be afraid of getting lost. Simultaneously, you don't want the player to end up in a situation where they have no idea where to go. Possibly any markers to follow can only be made use of while you are in no danger.
2. The player should be afraid of running headlong in any one direction. Possibly have the risk of very short-range, lethal obstacles that don't chase you (for instance, scattered bear traps, or high cliffs). This could help towards the issue of making monster pursuit more challenging. Alternatively, make the monsters run faster, but always be signalled of them from a long distance so you can find something you can use to evade them (climbing a tree, for instance)

I still think the "real person" thing would be very scary; but I admit I'd need a strong proof-of-concept to show it.
12-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next? - by PvtLastClass - 12-08-2010, 07:11 AM