Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)
Kessos Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish)

(09-10-2010, 07:47 PM)Thomas Wrote: Now that a many of you have completed the game, we would like to take the opportunity and ask some questions related to the Ending and the story as a whole.

Here goes:

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?

3) How did you like the ending?

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?

1) When entering the Orb Room (where Alexander is), what where your feelings toward Daniel (ie yourself), Alexander and Agrippa.

Didn't know much about Agrippa the first time, the second time i played i understood everything so much better and that made the story itself better the second time. The first time i didn't even know who Agrippa was. The reason i helped him was because after all I've done (Daniel) it felt right to help someone before facing Alexander. I felt some connection to him since he was the only live person except for me and alexander(if u dont count the gatherers and shadow as living). My feelings toward Daniel grew as the game progressed. I was confused in the beginning, why did i had to kill a man i knew nothing about. In the flashbacks later he sounded like a decent man(when u follow him through the castle), that made it even more unclear why i had to kill him. As i went into the torture chambers and as i remembered what i had done, my feelings for Daniel turned into disgust and hate for him. Later i realized he was a good man and alexander had manipulated him, used his fear for the shadow and death to make him to horrible things. The last letter you read, the one in the inner sanctum really got me. The voice acting was wonderful and that really made me feel sorry for Daniel, having to go through all this, do all these things. And that made it clear, alexander should die.

2) What was the ending that you got the first time? Was this a choice?
I felt a great hatred towards alexander and for what he had done to Daniel, therefor my first ending was the Revenge Ending. I had Agrippas head but i never thought of using it, my only thoughts were that alexander should die, no matter what. I checked the room, i had to interrupt the ritual somehow so i pushed down the pillars. This was very much a choice, i saw no other way out than to destroy the ritual and hoping that alexander would die with it, which he did.

3) How did you like the ending?
Absolutely loved it! The feeling of accomplishment, i did it! Alexander died and Daniel survived. I didn't care much for agrippa at that time since, as i said earlier i didn't know much about him. I really really loved that you showed him walking the paths he had been to earlier without any gatherers or shadow. It really made me feel like "I did it, i saved myself". What he said, about his purgatory and hellfire also made the ending so much better, he didn't only do it of revenge for what alexander had done but also to - at some level - free himself from all sins, which he never really wanted to do. What i would have wanted(not only for this, but for all endings) was what happened to the gatherers and the shadow. Did the gatherers just go back into being mutated beings that take long walks in the forest? And did the shadow enter the portal, or just go back to the tomb the orb came from? It leaves questions, which is up to yourself to answer, can be good and can be bad. One reason this came to mind is that there is no slime after the shadow left, nor any gatherers to stop him on his way out.

4) Did you get any other endings? If so, which one was your favorite? And what where your motivation for seeing more endings?
I played from the cells to experience all endings and so far the revenge end is still the one i like the most. It is the ending that feels right, following my personal feelings towards daniel and alexander. When i played the second time(entire game) i got more connected to Agrippa which made his ending a good one aswell, but it leaves far more questions. Questions that cannot be logically explained. Where is he? He never entered the portal but he still hear Agrippa. Maybe the portal really is a gateway to the realm of death? If so, what is the difference between dying and entering? If Alexander's wife(if im not completely wrong) is dead, why dont he just die? He is talking about home, isn't alexander human? It leaves so many questions unanswered.
So in order, the one i liked most on top:
1: Revenge
2: Good
3: Bad

Overall it was a great game, actually one of the most amazing games i've ever played. Cant wait for your next, really hope it is in the same spirit as amnesia(and not penumbra).
Thanks for giving me this experience!
11-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feedback wanted: Some questions on Ending (spoilerish) - by Kessos - 11-15-2010, 09:53 AM