Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hidden Meanings in Amnesia? (SPOILERS)
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Hidden Meanings in Amnesia? (SPOILERS)

Nils - At first I thought I might have been imagining it, but with Harry's help with the sigil on the loading screen here:
(09-11-2010, 01:19 PM)Harry Wrote: In regards to the three missing planets I'll join you in the 'looking way too far into things' basket and hazard to say they also relate to Odin, Tyr and Loki.

Uranus comes from Ouranos, which was a greek god, literally the Father Sky (So linked to Odin as the "All Father")

Mars is of course the god of War so obvious link to Tyr.

Mercury comes from the Greek god Hermes, who was a patron of tricksters and described as a thief, shapeshifter and more (so linked to Loki).

The conspiracy continues!

I think it's pretty clear that it was intentional. Big Grin

HamStar - You're on to something, I feel. In addition to 3.14 being pi, 2.71 I recognized as e. I hadn't seen that before! Nice! 299 doesn't ring any bells. I'll go dig up a list of mathematical constants.

EDIT: I updated the first post. It's only spoileritized to keep it from being completely massive. Thanks, guy. Smile

EDITEDIT: REVELATION! Think science, not math. 2.99 x 10^something m/s is the speed of light, I'm pretty sure. Helpful? D:
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hidden Meanings in Amnesia? (SPOILERS) - by Commando Peach - 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM