Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS)
cheogh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS)

I too had an experience in the prison which took me completely off guard. At this point my lantern has already exhausted its very last drops of oil, and I have very few tinderboxes so lighting torches to make my way through the prison area is a rare comfort. The walls seem like they are moaning from the agony they may have witnessed in this cursed place. In the distance I hear a man vocalizing sounds which could only describe true terror. They are getting louder with each step. I pass a cave-in to my right and notice a hall to my left. At the end of this hundred-pace blackened hall is a door with a barred window, and I realize that the source of those screams is inside. There is a light in this room, and I can vaguely see something shambling toward the window...

I panic, jerk to the right and run up a flight of stairs. Almost immediately I am face to macabre face with some disfigured and mutilated creature infused with horrific devices of bladed torture.

Before I even realize what I'm doing, I've already spun around and find myself running in the opposite direction, attempting to traverse darkened catacombs at breakneck speeds. I instinctively head toward the entrance of the prison, I've got to get back to the elevator room, I've got to escape. I can hear the monster growling just a step behind me, I can practically feel its rusty blade attempting to flay my flesh with each swipe. I'm heading down the stairs now, I know that it is just one more hallway and a right turn until I have a hiding spot. But halfway down the steps, something flickers in the pitch black darkness ahead...

Another flicker and I realize its the monster I thought was behind me! The unnatural darkness of this prison is being permeated with quarter second illuminations which illustrate some nightmarish horror, rapidly approaching toward me at a completely unnatural and impossible pace. By the time I realize what's happening, it's directly in front of me, staring at me blindly through its mangled and empty maw. I quickly dart to the left and down the dead end hall with a caved-in ceiling. Inside an old cell with no door I crouch, hiding behind a chair, grasping at my sanity to little avail.

A minute passes and nothing has found me. I gain my bearings and venture out of my false sense of security. The creatures are gone, but the darkness remains.

The eeriest part was that when the monster was flashing toward me - it wasn't moving. Some supernatural force was propelling it forward, and it was just staring at me... Blindly, through its mangled and empty maw.
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just wanted to share my most terrifying experience (SPOILERS) - by cheogh - 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM