Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a working omnipanel and omnitool system
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Creating a working omnipanel and omnitool system

This happened to me as well, and what I suspect is that the base omnitool model doesn't have a panel-interaction animation because, in the game, that particular entity never actually interacts with a panel. The only time it could is in the first Upsilon level, after you get the omnitool but before you equip it with a tool chip, where you can interact with the door panel that leads to the observation tube. At that point, though, the omnitool instead is supposed to deny access to the door. So in that sense, the animation never happens because it has never needed to happen.

There's probably a way to use the existing animation from the tool-chipped omnitool with the plain one. I'm not in a place where I could easily check, though, so if you haven't figured it out I can look into it tomorrow. A workaround for the time being would be to use the tool-chipped omnitool rather than the normal one.
04-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a working omnipanel and omnitool system - by Abion47 - 04-12-2016, 10:21 AM