Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
imagsol Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

i strongly recommend porting this game over to xbox live arcade and Playstation home. Even though i am an avid and hardcore pc gamer with a top notch rig to play games on, i know the big bucks are to be made on gaming consoles. Add to that if a nintendo wii version can be somehow managed aswell this would give u a huge market to sell your game to.

As of now this games market is only pcs, macs and linux systems.
I do not have the actual figures for the market share of pc games in comparison to the consoles but i can assume that by not making the game available on the consoles, frictional games is missing out on 50 percent (or more) of an audience.

Frictional games can still make the game for xbox360 or home if they figure out how to optimize the game for the ps3 in a short time, but if i was working for frictional games, i would have strongly recommended a delayed release date but a product ready for pcs,macs linux as well as the consoles because if the product is to be released on all platforms simultaneously, it would greatly reduce the marketing costs as you would have the same trailers, adds etc with a tagline "avilable on pc,mac,linux,xbox360 and ps3" .

A later release on xbox live arcade or home would mean the game has lost its surprise element, and now frictional games have to spend a lot of money on marketing by releasing console specific trailers, ads.

This could make a huge difference on finances of a company with limited resources.

I am planning on making a game in a few years time and i support Frictional games on making a great game worth its price.

Best of luck.
and im sorry for posting this in the wrong thread which might make it seem irrelevant but from this thread i got the link to the blog where you asked for feedback on how could the game have done better sales wise...so just wrote my 2 cents.
i select option 3 : Perfect length.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2010, 08:33 PM by imagsol.)
09-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by imagsol - 09-16-2010, 08:14 PM