Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
postie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I haven't finished the game yet, however I estimate I'm about halfway through.

I have a tendency to think that most games I play (aside from open world sandbox style games) are too short. This is mostly because I become so wrapped up in the story and engaged by the gameplay that time absolutely flies by. The small amount of disappointment I feel at the end is entirely because the experience was so enjoyable, and its human nature to not want good things to come to an end.

However, at no stage have I ever thought to myself a game should have been priced cheaper because it didn't live up to my expectations of how long it should be.

It comes down to a matter of pacing. If its appropriate for the type of game, putting in "filler" sections where not a lot happens might make sense. For good story tellers, this provides contrast to briefly relieve tension between the exciting bits. For bad story tellers, they pad out the story to make it look more impressive.

Personally I think the pacing so far in Amnesia is pretty good. You go into a new room, look around, maybe read a note, pick up an object, then hide in the corner like a baby when you hear something scratching at the door. Smile

Quality over quantity, always. Keep up the awesome work, Frictional!
09-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by postie - 09-16-2010, 11:22 PM