Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
iTIMMEH Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I picked "Long enough. But only considering the $20 price".

The 6 or so hours it took to finish is fine for a single player experience. The pacing was pretty good and I never felt like there was any 'filler'. The complaints about length should just be ignored, they're probably idiot reviewers that think every game should be 40 hours long and have multiplayer. I would absolutely advise against trying to stretch play time by adding 'filler'. Players will notice this and it will have a detrimental effect on your games and water down the experience.

As for price, I paid the full amount just after release and am happy that it was about right given the length, production values etc. The game was great but I don't think it would stand up to multiple playthroughs. I probably wouldn't have bought it right after playing the demo had it been more expensive.

While profitability is definitely a concern, I would be cautious about trying to pad out games to appease reviewers and idiot gamers (who will then complain about getting bored instead of the game being too short) or charging more for something similar to Amnesia. How about self-contained stories sold as DLC. I think there's scope for Frictional to sell extra stories for a reasonable price.
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by iTIMMEH - 09-17-2010, 09:48 PM