Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Island Dog Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

The game length is totally fine. Think about it. You're paying 20$, which is essentially what a DLC goes for, for a full game. I think of it this way. Fallout 3, for example, can last 50 hours(?). However, the excitement/wonder factor is in brief flashes. Its fun the entire time, but your fun factor isn't pushed to the extreme every single second. Amnesia, on the other hand, is intense for all of its 10 hours. Every single second is fear filled and exciting. Therefore, while Fallout is a longer game, Amnesia has an equal fun value; only it is compacted. Compaction isn't a bad thing. In a world where there are dozens of video games released a month, a game that can bring a huge amount of feeling out of you for its entire 10 hours is something very special. I would easily pay up to $30 for this; with updated visuals, I could pay for $35-40. Congratz on making a great game.
09-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Island Dog - 09-17-2010, 09:54 PM