Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Dogface Offline

Threads: 2
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

Overall it was fantastic (I just completed it). It felt like a gruelling experience, as appropriate considering the setting and the atmosphere, but without dragging.

My only complaint (and it's not a very strong one) would be that the ending didn't really live up to the rest of the game. It's a bit formulaic and cliche... the bad guy is completing his evil ritual but you bust in and ruin it by breaking a few things while he just stands there shouting "Noooo, what are you doing?" I've seen it in many games (and films, and books) before. So if you were to add any length to the game, I think that would be the place to do it. Make the player debate Alexander so he'll release you. Or have the player chase him through the ineffable realms beyond the stars. Or have the player drag Alexander to each of the torture chambers in turn, to take your revenge -- the final act of violence, your first in the game, that drives you permanently insane. Or have Alexander send monsters to chase you all the way back through the castle as it crumbles and cancerizes, and you stumble into the forest knowing it's only a matter of time before the shadow finds you again. I don't know. Just not another peremptory "And so you trashed his ritual. The end." .... Tongue
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Dogface - 09-19-2010, 07:58 PM