Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
MaXounet Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

" Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more."

To be honest, twelve would be the "real" perfect. But, to be honest, the way you made the game, how you told the story, and the fact that indeed, there is not much replayability, the game doesn't have to be longer than that... or it would be boring. Meaning, how could you tell a scary story for 30 hours without using the same tricks again and again ?

I'm working in a french studio on a totally different kind of game (RPS, Deus Ex like)... and this way you can think about making a much longer game with replayability.

If Amnesia was more like a "sandbox" horror FPS, with branches in the story, big choices that could radically change the ending of the game and a lot of secundary missions and goals... in this case, yes, Amnesia would be too short. But, that's actually not the case. Amnesia is a nice story, with an excellent direction, and 10 hours is enough. It's a totally unforgettable experience that i'm gonna replay in a year or two, maybe sooner. And everyone should tell their friends about this masterpiece.

Also, as a sound designer working in independant gaming too, i would be really glad to support your studio, if you release the soundtrack, i would be the first to buy it.
09-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by MaXounet - 09-19-2010, 08:22 PM