Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
johnnythewolf Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

To Frictional developers,

I don't think length has anything to do with Amnesia's less-than-stellar sales. In fact, I'm even surprised that you would even consider this as a possible explanation: I mean, just look at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2!

To be honest - brutally honest - I rather think the problem is the game's concept.

Let's face it, the Penumbra trilogy kinda bombed, and, since you couldn't afford blockbuster-like marketing, it was pretty damn obvious that it would take more than just a new setting, scripted scares and a few gameplay tweaks in order to attract more players.

I, for the matter, was disappointed by Amnesia, as it felt like a pretty blatant rehash of Black Plague, which wasn't that impressive to start with. Sure, it featured cool physic-based technology, but most of the time, it felt to me as some kind of poor man's System Shock 2. To make matters worse, it doesn't seem like there's been much evolution since the first Penumbra tech demo. Back then, it was pretty neat and innovative, but heck, it's 2010.

Please don't take offense at my comments. While I may sound harsh to you, all I'm trying to do here is to offer some constructive criticisms. Like everyone here, I wish to see more games from you, but I don't think that game's length is the issue, nor that merely rehashing the same concept again and again is gonna do the trick.
09-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by johnnythewolf - 09-19-2010, 10:42 PM