Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
mansarde Offline

Threads: 3
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I really like that there's a message on first start of the game, reminding you that it's not about winning, but experiencing.
Unfortunately some people just don't understand something like that.
Last week I went by a friend and showed him the demo.
He played very "twitchy". The first thing he said was: controls are bad.
What he meant was the realistic opening of doors and boxes.
The reason for his comment was that he tried to open all the doors and boxes with a quick "flick" instead of "feeling" the weight of these things. He was just not used to it.
Another thing was that he didn't fully explore everything. He barely had ANY tinderboxes at all and he didn't even know that he already had a LAMP!!!
And then in the area with the water monster he even went past BOTH rooms, ignoring them completely at first! If it wouldn't have been for the puzzle he would've gone straight through.

I remember when he played Bioshock he went by a whole extra area where you could explore buildings (plural!).

I don't know why you'd want to play games in such a way... I really can NOT understand.
It defeats the whole purpose of immersing yourself in a story and get the most out of it.
If I'd be in that situation in real life I'd be VERY careful and try to find out everything there is and explore everything, not running like it's a marathon.

Well, I can only be thankful that I know how to appreciate a game like Amnesia. Smile
09-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by mansarde - 09-20-2010, 06:45 AM