Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
msecure Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

(09-16-2010, 03:42 PM)Thomas Wrote: What are your thoughts on this? Please answer the poll and tell us what you think (here or in blog).
Please also state how long you estimate that you played the game. And if you did not like the length, tell us what would have been optimal.

Dear Thomas,

I would like to tell you something important - and of course I try it in English, although I can't speak this language well. But I'm pretty sure you will understand me.

First, I have to say it's just amazing what you and your team made. This game is damn good and everyone's opinion is this game is scary! That's what the game should us feel - and this works great. So Frictional Games did their job just great!

The problem is that a lot of people do not know Fear-Adventure Games. They know Fear-Shooter like Project Origin, but like me, they never heard before about games like Amnesia.

I heard about it and read a lot of critism. To be honest, I just bought it because it was cheap. 20 Dollars for a game? That's nothing. Today's games often costs about 50-60 Dollars.

As I said the critism is quite good. The game got a lot of points - although it's produced by such a little company! Don't care to much about what they say - they often tells things nobody is interested in. There were a lot of well-sold games with bad critism. And the journalists can also have a wrong impression.

In my poor opinion, I do think the length of the game was good. It shouldn't be longer - and it CAN'T be longer. Because in every Fear-Game you don't fear anymore after a while. Sounds stupid, but it's right! I played a lot of Fear-Games (most of them Fear-Shooters) and I know what I am talking about: DOOM 3 for example is a Fear-Shooter, not similar to Amnesia, but it has got one bad quality: it's too long. And after days of playing you start cheating and get bored, even laugh about the enemies you shoot. There is no Fear-effect anymore!

Instead of making this game longer, you should try different things, like:

- using more different skins for objects (or sth)!
everyone loves a bit of variety.. and in every room there are the same objects - and too many cupboards, boxes & chests

- making more difficult riddles (puzzles)!
most of them were too easy and the to the solution too quick... if these were more difficult everyone would spend more time on it (the game)

- think about translating audio of the game into different languages.. or the important languages like (english), french & german
you don't fear by reading the subtitles and hearing a scary voice which doesn't speak your language..

What do you think about these ideas? I'm looking forward to hear an answer from you!

All in all I have to say this game is just wonderful. Good job!
09-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by msecure - 09-22-2010, 08:40 PM