Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
lumpi Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I thought I've been playing this game for 15 hours or more, but apparently, it's been only 3! That means, even by the lowest suggestions, I'm not even halfway through yet! Whoever rushes through a game like this is clearly missing the point (and must be a total wreck of a person by the end...). I say you're doing game length just right!

And I love lengthy games. I'm not the kind of guy who'd ever say that a game is better because it's shorter. Unless there's nothing but boring fillers (which you can find in short games as much as in long ones-- Kane & Lynch 2 is shorter and has more filler! At full price!), I say: The longer the better! I'd rather play 40 hours of a really good game than 8 games of 5 hour length that are mediocre. I just say that Amnesia feels really right in the position it is and I'm quite perplexed that any game reviewer would seriously consider this game too short. Next week the same reviewer will complain about how RPGs take too long to complete. Make up your mind! God, I hate game journalists... either clueless "buyers-guide" writers or super pretentious about the most pointless details.

I especially don't understand why, with you asking for the humblest price imaginable at launch, they'd still mention length as an influence for negative ratings. I mean, what the hell are you supposed to take away from this? That shorter games don't even count? That you can't even play in the 90+ league without multi-million-dollar-studio content? Amnesia is plain perfect at what it tries to be.
09-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by lumpi - 09-27-2010, 01:26 AM