Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
mikeswa88 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

After playing and beating Amnesia in my opinion I would call it an experience rather than a video game and I mean that as a compliment. I enjoy your games and after playing the demo for Amnesia I knew that I'd love it too.

However, with Penumbra: Overture, I might have only played the game for 8-10 hours but by the end it felt like I'd been playing for at least 20 hours and I was completely satisfied. I did not have this same feeling with Amnesia unfortunately. I truly loved the game, but by the end it I just didn't feel like enough time had elapsed.

I'm having trouble pinpointing why exactly this is. Perhaps I was just playing to voraciously and didn't envelope myself in the story enough, I'm not sure. As I mentioned earlier, it felt more like an experience rather than a game. There was plenty to experience, but there wasn't a lot of game per se.

As for the price, I'd call it fair. For the amount of effort put into it I'm amazed it doesn't cost more. However, with future projects if the price were to increase I would expect more content. That content may be in the form of cutscenes or puzzles, anything, I just want to be able to spend more time in the amazing, rich worlds that you guys create.
09-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by mikeswa88 - 09-27-2010, 03:27 AM