Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Macil Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I voted for "Perfect!"

I have long felt that games these days are too short -- I am glad that is not the case here. Game length, I think, is dependent on the game and its intended goals/motivations, which I think Amnesia nailed.

I admit, I felt like I must have played this game for weeks ... or years, but I think I came out around 10-12 hours.

The intensity was so off the chart, I don't think I could have handled a game that was much longer. I would have burned out and risked not finishing the game. For me, each play session was a ritual just to get started.

If the game had lasted much longer, I don't think I could have suffered the very real physical and mental consequences!

Spoiler below!

I will mention that I think a bit more time could have been spent on the end. I have no problem with the "content" or "consequences" of the ending(s) -- but rather, that the ending(s) felt a bit abrupt and not enough of a "reward" (in proportion) for the horrors I had to endure to get there.

I do appreciate multiple endings, though -- and am glad more than one was included (which I wasn't expecting).

Also .. thanks so much for the SECRET RAR file -- I loved seeing the design docs. I wish more games would show that stuff, as I'd love to make games myself someday and seeing that stuff is GREAT.
09-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Macil - 09-28-2010, 05:46 AM