Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
glottis8 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

There are a lot of things that went through my mind while playing this game. It was exciting to be told to immerse one self into the game story and events. Instead of making us focus on other things like gameplay. But I still felt dissatisfied with some of the game execution. For instance, when I played the demo I swore it was one of the scariest games I've ever tried! Being a big fan of the horror genre it is hard to find a game that makes you run for you life, and experience being nervous because something you don't know or see is after you.

My point is no matter how long or short the game is I had more fun with the demo than the actual game. Why? Maybe because the narrative of the game was not at all engaging in many ways. Because I was expecting more to happen when your sanity went low. You guys I am sure referenced "Eternal Darkness", I mean, in my mind that game is perfect. That game not only scared you, it made you doubt what was going on... with things like making the game seem like a demo, or memory database being erased. They play with your mind and that as a gamer makes you hesitant on what is reality in the game. The story being kinda generic still engaged. Anyways, I think there needs to be more emphasis on the games mechanics... like really watching the monster walk around should be terrifying, i had parts where i could look at him... and nothing really happens... your sanity should have more of a repercussion on you... making everything red and blurry was just annoying. I don't know, I did enjoy the game, don't get me wrong, but from the demo I was expecting more than what I got. The length I don't think is a problem. Many games today last 8 hrs and its fine... So keep up the good work and make the next game even scarier and crazy.
09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by glottis8 - 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM