Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
dvow Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I went with choice two.

On the first play though, I will admit the game was so scary, that it took a very long time to finish. That gave the illusion of length, because you were stumbling afraid through most of the game, if you didn't need to take a lengthy break now and then to get the courage to go back. This was a quality horror game. But...

Once you get over the fear, usually on the second play through, the game's actually extremely short, and can be finished in one afternoon between lunch and dinner. Amnesia has little replay value after the first scary experience of playing it, since it's short, and not entirely flexible or addictive as some other, less scary horror games. I tend to rate game length on replay value, since this factors a lot into the length of time you'll devote to enjoying the game.

I've played Silent Hill 2 a few times just because it has some great replay value, and the story, actors, and environments are all mysterious and open to interpretation--I always find something new each play. In amnesia, you mostly finish everything on your first play through, and I only went back to hear the commentary. I really doubt I'll ever play Amnesia a third time. I'll try out user made games though, but this sill doesn't make up for the lack of replay value the base game has.

20$ seemed to be an appropriate price for a very terrifying experience. If Amnesia had some serious replay value, and more complex levels of interpretation and secrets that make you want to go back, I'd gladly pay more. I saw mostly everything on the first play through though. There's no reason to go back anymore.
09-28-2010, 11:41 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by dvow - 09-28-2010, 11:41 PM