Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
sanjosalt Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

I think the $20US pricepoint reflects that the franchise it not *yet* at a AAA level. But the playability and quality *are* at the AAA level.

Sure of course, I'd love to see 50% or 100% more in terms in terms of play length, but for the price, the play length is a fair value. $20 is but one microtransaction in many games these days. So for me, the value of this title is unbelievable.

What strikes me most is the way Amnesia completely foregoes the norm of player-required armament. Yet it still feels combative in its own way, and is very satisfying for a player who wants to feel the rush of a battle scenario and 'defeat' things. Really, really brilliant design.

The environment and mechanics remind me very fondly of the Thief series, and that was a similarly successful franchise in its groundbreaking playstyle that is still being worked on (and copied!) today.

Excellent![/font]
10-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by sanjosalt - 10-03-2010, 02:29 AM