Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

(10-05-2010, 02:56 AM)Evil Ash Wrote: For the pricepoint and the origin of the game, 6-10 hours is expected.

I believe I beat the game in about 5-6.

I don't think a games length should be a standalone factor. Whether or not it was TOO LONG or TOO SHORT depends on several other pieces of the game.

For example, was it TOO SHORT to fully explore the story? Was it TOO LONG, creating boring, needless, cheap-feeling gameplay?

In my opinion, the story/length/gameplay combo was pretty spot on. I mean, there's only three enemies, three characters, and one setting. I can't see it being longer than it is without being drawn out, too complicated, or needlessly repetitive.

One thing I loved most about Amnesia was I never got BORED. The environment and atmosphere was constantly changing, and keeping me involved.

I think the only reason to criticize the length would be if you wanted more - which is a good thing. Any great game will leave you wanting more - right at the peak of enjoyment. Quitting while it's ahead, so to speak.

So yes... the length was good.

Indeed. I mean many of the games have supposedly more gamelength but the gamelength is more like cinematics and things like that...in your game guys we could even participate in the flashback Big Grin I like that a lot Smile
10-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Black Rabbit - 10-06-2010, 10:27 AM