Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: How did you find length of Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Too short! No matter what the price would be.
7.16%
30 7.16%
Long enough. But only considering the $20 price.
32.22%
135 32.22%
Perfect! And I would think so even if it cost more.
59.67%
250 59.67%
Could have been shorter. I think events and stuff was too drawn out.
0.95%
4 0.95%
Too long. Takes up too much of my time.
0%
0 0%
Total 419 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of the game's length?
Juvantei Offline

Threads: 1
RE: What do you think of the game's length?

It was too short but I say that because I enjoyed it immensely and didn't want it to end.

The longer the better but don't sacrifice the quality. You guys should also consider adding additional monsters into the game rather then just ONE monster. There should also be more ways to die then just to die to the single monster in the game. I think I saw one player die because of losing sanity but that's it. There should be more frightening moments in the environment that aren't just caused by a monster with a ripped open face.

I loved the Alexander painting, the creepy music and the piano slamming shut. We needed more stuff like that. The sewer wasn't very scary and near the end there was more exploration and puzzles then any type of fearful element. You had gotten used to it all because there weren't enough unexpected NEW things happening but more of the same thing. Making someone scared as they are doing a puzzle would be great. If they don't figure it out soon, they get eaten or lose their sanity.

Keep this in mind for your next game. More monsters, more ways to die, additional length and more scary environmental elements. Keep up the tension. Tension is key even after someone dies for the first time because if the tension is kept up, it keeps that adrenaline flowing.

It was too easy to keep sanity because you got a million tinderboxes and the latern never ran out. There weren't enough sanity losing events.

But nonetheless, the game was good and don't let any negative reviews discourage you. Improve on the negative areas and make a bigger and better game the next time.
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think of the game's length? - by Juvantei - 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM