Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!!
johndice Offline

Threads: 1
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!!

(09-17-2010, 12:10 AM)Hionimi Wrote: Epic Citadel is nice, ran it on my iPhone, but it's going to be a turn based action RPG. So, no FPS action. Still have to see if Epic Games will either create UT3 for iPhone like they did with the very early demo or if they indeed keep in mind that it is near impossible to create a shooter on the iPhone that can actually be played well. Also, Amnesia would be a whole new challenge to create on the iPhone, many things can't be done I'm afraid. And, how can Amnesia be changed so it is easier to control yet it remains the game-play quality the PC version has? I think the only way to get something nice on the iPhone is to create a whole new game exclusive for the iPhone, but I don't think, no offense, Frictional is ready for that. Just an opinion.

Would like to hear what Friction thinks of releasing Amnesia or making a game on the iPhone. Smile

I agree that concessions would and should be made. That's why I stated first and foremost that there obviously are technical hurdles to overcome. After Epic's demo, the bar for overall presentation for games on that platform has been raised (and for all portable system for that matter). The big questions are how well the physics would be implemented, and how well the controls would work. A big thing is that we're not talking about a shooter. I think that the slower pace of the game, along with the absense of gunplay work in the favor of a possible port or "spin off". Also, clever use of the multitouch display could be enough to overcome many issues (like, how to slowly open a door while peeking through the opening). I think you're on the right track saying that a new game would be best - i just believe that in general, this kind of slower paced gameplay could work on that platform, much better than a shooter for that matter. Your cursor works as your in game hand, it makes sense to actually be able to use your own finger!

I have nothing to do with developing games, I dont know if its possible from a technical standpoint, I dont know if its possible from a financial standpoint - I just feel that if something like this was to happen, it could be huge. Until a few weeks ago, nobody would even remotely believe that something like that epic demo would run on a phone, and yet here we are. Maybe a game like Amnesia, where the "physical" interaction with the world is a key ingredient, could be the next big thing.
09-17-2010, 12:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by johndice - 09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by dako500 - 09-16-2010, 07:13 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by Twin - 09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by Argoon - 09-16-2010, 07:39 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by nofsky - 09-16-2010, 08:23 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by Petike - 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by Petike - 09-17-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by johndice - 09-16-2010, 10:30 PM
RE: bring Amnesia to the Iphone!!! - by Honethite - 09-16-2010, 11:57 PM