Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My thoughts on Amnesia TDD
Bek Offline

Threads: 4
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD

^ Be kind.

I too really liked the chase scenes, really made you feel like you are running for your life. Especially with the water monster, hearing it get closer and closer and you know what will happen if you stop to look behind you...

I really didn't see how sanity affected gameplay either, but I still tried to use my lamp oil in moderation. This worked well as there was just enough to make the lamp useful, almost enough so you depend upon it, but not enough to let you run wild without taking care of its use.

I'm not sure how I compare this to Overture and Black Plague. Overall I think Amnesia was scarier, and had quite a lot more detail. Especially the subtle changes in the paintings when sanity was low. I suspected something like that might happen and was so glad it did. However overall I think penumbra/overture was a better experience - it might be unfair to judge the experiences of one game against two, but that's how I feel at the moment. Perhaps because like you said the setting of penumbra was easier for us to relate with, but I think the clarity of the end game also helped. Even though it wasn't a player choice like in Amnesia, it seemed to have more impact.

Amnesia IS a great game, easily worth $50 let alone the $20 being asked. It is possible the lack of funds diminished their original plans for the endings which is a shame - The fact that a small indie studio can produce such a amazing experience is testimony to the people that work at Frictional Games.
09-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Wehmis - 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by xiao - 09-18-2010, 12:14 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Bek - 09-18-2010, 12:48 AM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Jinix - 09-18-2010, 01:03 PM
RE: My thoughts on Amnesia TDD - by Zanderat - 09-18-2010, 03:29 PM