Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Some suggestions for Frictional's next game, and what makes Amnesia work so well
Nothinglikesleep Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Some suggestions for Frictional's next game, and what makes Amnesia work so well

I wonder how far a long they are on their next project. Silent Hill 8 (working title) is in post development according to Wikipedia, so we should expect quite a few horror titles to keep us busy in the early to mid parts of next year. I think frictional games should maintain the theme of isolation. However I think we can have more interaction with actual NPC's, and not just through a radio or telepathy. One thing I liked about Amesnia was the intersecting story lines, but I don't think the main story was as tight as the plot in Penumbra, or maybe just not as interesting. I did not like the fact that Daniel was afraid of the dark. I felt like I had to Rush in a lot of places so as to keep my sanity. Which meant less immersion for me. I think for the next game frictional should utilize more silence. I became immune to the gusts of winds, random growls, and screaming women pretty early on. I loved the castle and I think the transitions into its different sections was pretty smooth (route from south prison to north prison was brilliant) with help from the dead. I hope the next game does not deal with a guilty conscience and loss of memory. Discovery and exploration I think would be best, it works well with the HPL Engine and the environments frictional can produce. The physics puzzles are a must have for the next game. The sanity aspect of the game was cool, but I would't want to see it again, unless the next game took place in an Asylum.

In Overture we explored a cavern, in black plague a facility, in Amnesia a castle. In the next game I think frictional should build the game in a small town like setting (I don't mean open world) it can still be done in a linear fashion. So we can wander streets and look for clues in old buildings, schools, factories, hotels, etc. More variety I think would be a good change.

iGame
11-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some suggestions for Frictional's next game, and what makes Amnesia work so well - by Nothinglikesleep - 11-27-2010, 12:26 PM