Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Enable Parallax Quality for improved texture rendering
311alien Offline

Threads: 7
RE: HOW TO HAVE A BETTER TEXTURE RENDERING IN AMNESIA !

(09-29-2010, 05:34 PM)CHANCEPHOENIX Wrote:
(09-28-2010, 09:40 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: Whats the difference ? Ground looks different ? Thats it ?!

NOT only the ground , but also walls , ceilings , doors etc have much more depth and dont look so flat anymore with POM turned on.

btw. I could not resist and updated the game to 1.01 manually by downloading the patch from IGN (rar version).
I just unrarred the file and copy and paste the update into my game.
Game still works perfectly with the POM made by sgi (thank God) ...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...but I made all the changes, I even added the ParallaxQuality="1"...the only thing I might have done wrong is that I couldnt find "GBufferType="0" in the config file...so I added it to the "default_main_settings_high.cfg". Now, I start the game and it starts perfectly, runs perfectly. But i am not sure if I notice a difference...maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but things actually look "flatter" to me now. Maybe I should revert back and check again...any ideas? (I downloaded via Steam BTW)

EDIT: Sorry! I read the entire thread again and made a few changes...I got it fixed now and wow, what a difference. I uploaded screenshots of it ON and OFF

Attached Files
.jpg   ParaON.jpg (Size: 472.29 KB / Downloads: 752)
.jpg   ParaOFF.jpg (Size: 440.85 KB / Downloads: 706)
09-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO HAVE A BETTER TEXTURE RENDERING IN AMNESIA ! - by 311alien - 09-30-2010, 04:36 AM