Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps

(05-15-2016, 12:34 PM)cantremember Wrote: In Theta Entrance, there is a locked door between the two scan/lab rooms. After you're done with Wan, the door will be slightly opened.

After you reset the router, the huge door in Theta Entrance also opens slightly.

(05-15-2016, 12:34 PM)cantremember Wrote: - Catherine's a pure robot, something she says makes people go insane, it's remarkable she hasn't lost her sanity. She never recounts her experiences waking up as a mockingbird, what has she been doing all this time anyway? Supposedly working on the ark, but when you get here she has no clue, she needs you to get to the computer and find where it is, she could have done that herself while she was still mobile in her robot form.

Regarding Catherine's sanity, here's what I wrote in another thread: "Catherine does seem strangely comfortable with being a computer chip, but this is because - as she explains - she was never really comfortable with being human. Her mindset is unusually well-adapted to SOMA's universe. (High-functioning autism?)"

I don't know what she's been doing, either. That's a good question.

(05-15-2016, 12:34 PM)cantremember Wrote: - There seems to be a consensus that the WAU exploded people's heads to prevent them from going to Alpha. But I didn't really find any notes suggesting that.
I find many notes saying people have headaches, and they think it's because WAU is causing a lot of stress trying to revive Ross. Also Catherine mentions the WAU isn't a persona that is able to think, and therefor wouldn't be able to act on revenge/defense, it's just algorithms. So my thinking is still that all the heads just exploded due to the extreme energy to revive Ross.

I think Catherine underestimates the WAU. At Alpha, Ross says: "As soon as I came to in Omicron, I tried to tell them to make the toxin that would make the WAU wither. But they didn't understand. They put it inside a cabinet. It was so infuriating. They needed to take it to Alpha, the fountainhead of the misery we created. And then the girl, she figured it out. She was going to take care of it - but the WAU shrieked!"

Based on a recording in Omicron's cafeteria, the overload occurred immediately after Julia Dahl mentioned Raleigh Herber's plan to find Alpha. Maybe this wasn't a coincidence.

(05-15-2016, 12:34 PM)cantremember Wrote: - Seems Ross is invisible inside his cage, and seems to teleport due to the high EMP and it messes up your vision. Same with discohead supposedly. But when he teleports, it doesn't affect anything else, like the audio recordings, or movement of props doesn't skip in time. He also constantly teleports behind you while you run normally and things are breaking at normal pace.

This is probably due to engine limitations. You can explain it away by saying that Simon's mind creates an illusion of continuous motion.
05-16-2016, 01:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: SPOILERS -- things that change on the maps - by GhylTarvoke - 05-16-2016, 01:49 AM