Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra games with motion controllers?
zargas Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Penumbra games with motion controllers?

(10-18-2010, 02:26 AM)Lee Wrote: But think about it, would it really be worth using Wii, Kinect, or Move if you can't feel anything?

I am not sure I follow you here.
Do you mean the available options on the Wii controllers arent enough to have moving objects functionality on a motion sensored stick?

I do not own a Wii just the Move for ps3. But I recon if you walk around with the left controller (left handed people) you can look around with the right (motion sensored) controller and use a button as a toggle for quick free move for precision stuff like throwing rocks.

Like resident evil 5 that just got move support. It works like this. Free look is on the motion controller and when you push a certain button you enter aim mode. In the case of penumbra that aint a shooter, replace same functionality with free movement of the hand that interacts with stuff. Just like today it would always be in this center position anyway when you aim at things like doors and all. Or you could actually remove that feature alltogether to make it harder and more immersive, youll have to toggle the hand yourself to discover interactable objects =)
10-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra games with motion controllers? - by zargas - 10-18-2010, 10:42 AM