Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm

(10-11-2016, 06:24 PM)Darkfire Wrote: These ideas require a lot of thorough thinking, plenty of scripting, and some new assets.
All this is a clusterfuck of a concept, so I need some creative help and critique.
My questions for you are:
How would you differently present the deduction system ?
How would you present clues different than puzzle items, such as notes (I remind you they are only readable in the notebook after picking up), arrangment of objects on a crime scene, or events in which the hero takes part ?
Besides phone conversations like in ATMFP, how dialogues could be implemented ?
And finally, is this all even possible ? Are these ideas decent enough to put in all the effort and thinking ?

Detective fantasy fiction is great idea.
The most complex one I've seen is from Sherlock Holmes: Devil's daughter
Spoiler below!
[Image: holmes7-1920x1080.jpg]

For your idea, I thought about as tree data structure or a mindmap which is basically a tree. As I understand, you would allow player to have different reasoning with the same outcome.
Base item, the root, could branch out to various others which seems logical (to the player). One tree path could be one deduction output.

I could make some assets when combining the clues.
How did you plan to code this?
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2016, 02:24 PM by Radiance.)
10-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Detective Custom Story for Amnesia - brainstorm - by Radiance - 10-14-2016, 02:23 PM