Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SOLVED] Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top

Here's a screenshot of what my 1.1 retail version root folder looks like after a clean install, no updates whatsoever added:

.png   petike_amnesia_game_folder_1.1boxretail.png (Size: 142.34 KB / Downloads: 109)

To make things even clearer, my retail copy is a boxed version, one with localised language files. Hence why it probably has this more Steam-like structure to the root folder, instead of tucking it more elegantly in redist. Aside from those officially translated lang files, it doesn't differ from the digital version. I didn't have problems running the later patches and updates, so software-wise, it's sound and working. I've actually built and tested several levels with this release back in 2011, though I think I did have to add a redist folder at first to make it work.

Part of why I want to buy a digital copy of TDD over at GOG.com in the near future is because the unlocalised version is simply better compatible for modding (in terms of root folder structure). I haven't actually ran into any major compatibility issues in the past, aside from some minor lang file changes that occured when applying the English-language updates. (Officially localised updates beyond 1.2/Justine are unavailable, sadly. Even the localised 1.2 update is no longer available from the original distributor, so I'm forced to use the original versions for now. Buying a GOG.com copy can't come any sooner, as I really want to get some modding done, and this boxed version makes it a bit harder to organise stuff.)

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
10-18-2016, 02:52 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting up the tools on a clean 1.1 retail install and 1.3.1 update on top - by Petike - 10-18-2016, 02:52 AM