Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My thougths on Amnesia and more.
Nospheratu Offline

Threads: 1
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more.

(11-05-2010, 02:16 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: I think that Amnesia inspires so many people to write walls of text full of praise like this speaks for itself Smile

Exactly Big Grin

(11-05-2010, 02:06 PM)Tottel Wrote: Every now and then, I will launch the game, play some more, end it after a while and go to bed, thinking of how great and fearsome it was. Once I finished the game, I plan on using the mod tools. Modding is something that has always interested me and Amnesia is definitely no exception.

Don't worry; it took me about 2 weeks to finish it and this mostly becouse in the scariest parts i actually had to take day-long breaks and even then convince myself to start it up for hours before actually doing it. Btw, i recommend you (and all others) to also play it through again with the commentary enabled since it provides much interesting information.

(11-05-2010, 02:06 PM)Tottel Wrote: Just today, I started reading the dev blog, and discovered Amnesia was made by 5 men. Having this in mind, I can only respect the game more and enjoy playing Amnesia to a greater extent.

Welcome to the club. If anyone deserves a pat on the back, it's these 5 guys; also judging from the general sentiment the game itself is already becoming a benchmark for the genre which is certainly a great achievement.

(11-05-2010, 02:06 PM)Tottel Wrote: I hope FG will never deal with certain forms of anti-piracy protection. I believe we all know what this can do in extreme forms (like EA and ubisoft).
In honesty, I can say that I've pirated games before. Although trying to keep it to a minimum, I don't make such a big deal out of it. I regard them as 'demos'. If I like them, I will buy them; especially when they have multiplayer. ...
But I make exceptions for "Indie" games. I don't pirate those. Ever. Reading how you made this game with less than minimal wages, hoping to earn something after release has only strengthened my beliefs that we should support indie developers.

THIS is part of the mindset I was talking about in my post as well: it's also up to the people who pirate stuff to change their thinking process and actually give credit where credit is due; no amount of anti-piracy protection, anti-piracy laws or million-dollar law suits is going to change that.

(11-05-2010, 02:06 PM)Tottel Wrote: Is Frictional Games open to new developers, by any chance? People who don't mind getting payed less, working extra hard,..?
I still have a few more years of studying to go, but, opposed to many people in my class, it has always been my dream to work in a smaller company on lower budget games. Smile

Holy sh... it seems we're thinkalotalikers Big Grin Not to "brag" or anything, but I'm also working in a small computer business with a minimal wage, therefor I can very much relate to the guys at Frictional... But even with things currently not going very good, i don't mind "taking one for the team" since I like to do what I do and the people I work with regardless of the payment (as long as I have my minimum expences covered, I'm ok). I sincerely hope that in the near future more people will start to think this way.

(11-05-2010, 02:06 PM)Tottel Wrote: Long and useless, but if it somehow gave someone a bit of a good impression, it has served its role.

Not useless at all - it has served it's role and also made my day nicer, so thank you for posting.

Better to reign in hell than to be a servant in heaven.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010, 03:55 PM by Nospheratu.)
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by Tottel - 11-05-2010, 02:06 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by Nospheratu - 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by Tottel - 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by Tottel - 11-05-2010, 05:07 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by davva - 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by davva - 11-05-2010, 05:42 PM
RE: My thougths on Amnesia and more. - by Tottel - 11-05-2010, 09:26 PM