Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Another few:

- how does the pilot seat at Omicron work if it is unplugged? (the cable is just laying disconnected on the floor)

- Why does Catherine need to do the Ark upload and launch with a single switch, almost launching too soon? She says "to make sure it gets launched at all", but she must have known she will only create a copy and be left behind herself, still able to launch after the upload is complete.. so the whole "come on come on thought you'd have better bandwidth in the future!!" was kinda unnecessary.

For K8, taking its chip is supposedly the "good" choice because the robot, although cute and more helpful than the delusional one, its controlled by simple AI and isn't a concious being. So putting its chip into something else to 'revive' it has little use. Also the chip you take is a replacement "tool chip", the AI of the robots is contained into the "cortex chip".
When he pulls you back up at Delta, I always imagine he has a small tool to hold you.

For Robot Girl going from the battery place to the infirmary, the first UH monster also travels through Upsilon in 'impossible' ways. Entering the permasealed room and leaving it again, only to reappear in the thermal room later.

Hox Simon came to be is to me the most compelling mystery. The helper bot next to the seat is one of those submarines like the really slow one that attacks you in the ocean, but I suppose technically it works outside of water too though not clear how mobile it would be. Its location right next to the seat is definitely way too convenient to be a coincidence.
01-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by cantremember - 01-09-2017, 01:05 PM