Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:I thought of another answer to my sixth question: maybe Ross needs Simon to remove the lockdown.

That's certainly another possibility, though I would personally see it as a massive design flaw that the station's lockdown couldn't be lifted from inside the station.

Actually, now that I've typed that sentence out, it occurred to me that the lockdown can be lifted from inside the station, because it was - by Simon and Catherine. Their difference, of course, being that they had an Omnitool, whereas presumably Ross did not. The only other Omnitool that I remember seeing in Omicron was the broken one in the dive room. Now, Ross was tasked with overseeing the WAU, so even though his official title was AI psychologist, he must have some knowledge of electrical engineering, so fixing the Omnitool couldn't have been that difficult for him. Maybe he couldn't touch it for fear of his electromagnetism frying it? Maybe my previous point about his possibly losing manual dexterity would apply here as well? Or another possibility that occurred to me was that maybe his electromagnetism made it so he couldn't open doors? Hmm...

Quote:The Leviathan just doesn't look organic to me. In the super-secret files, the Leviathan seems connected to the spider and "solipsist" monsters, which are definitely artificial.

I'm not sure. I brought up the Leviathan in the model viewer and looked at it every way to Sunday, and honestly, I could see it going either way - either a mechanical worm given the appearance of organic life by the structure gel, or an actual organic lifeform that by way of structure gel was fused to metal plating. I'd be more inclined to believe that it is the latter just because there are tons of examples of the latter happening in the game, whereas there aren't any other examples of the former (other than cut content at least). And as far as the spider and solipsists were concerned, I'd be very curious to learn where they can fit within the SOMA lore, but keep in mind that at the end of the day they are content that was created for a game that was very different to the SOMA we have now.

One freaky thing I noticed while inspecting the Leviathan in the model viewer, however, were human faces, similar to the angler fish. Though where the angler fish had one face, the Leviathan has at least ten, five on each side. (There are other bumps and protrusions that look like they could be faces, but I'm not sure.)

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 11:06 AM by Abion47.)
01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 01-12-2017, 11:03 AM