Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:Yes but I'm convinced that robot played at least some part in Simon's creation.I don't see any reason why it would be located in the pilot seat room, right next to the seat even, if it were just random.

There's debris all over the place. Upsilon has plenty of helper bots, and that particular room also has a tool chip dispensary in it. There are plenty of reasons for that bot to be in there that have nothing to do with Simon.

At the very leat, I can see a case being made that it was the robot that provided Simon's cortex chip, but that is the extent of that bot's possible involvement.

Quote:Also a scary mystery is that Simon was not the only non-Pathos scan the WAU had. Also David Munshi and his assistant. It is possible that more Simons (and Munshis) woke up from their dentist chair to Pathos-II.

It's certainly possible that Munshi's scan had already been used as well. There's certainly enough Mockingbirds sputtering around that haven't been clearly identified yet. But as far as multiple Simons or Munshi's are concerned, I'd have to say not likely. The WAU never used any given scan more than once. There aren't two Mockingbirds of Catherine, or Robin Bass, or Brandon Wan, or anyone else. In fact, the only time I can recall it even using the scan of a person that was still alive (excluding the Transmission videos) would be when it used Reed's scan in the Vivarium, and that was virtual.

For whatever reason, the WAU doesn't create Mockingbirds of the same person more than once. Perhaps it's task to preserve life just compels it to recreate a single person after they die so that it can continue to preserve them.

Quote:Are the WAU growths able to move actually, you never see them moving in game, so I figure it grows gradually like plants, but you do see tentacles holding on to things that it could only have caught if it moved like japanese tentacles, or the person was dead and immobile for some time while the tentacle grew around it..

I'm not sure the WAU growth moves, at least not in the way you are asking. It seems more like the gel will shoot out of some crack or hole, and will later (or sooner) coalesce into clumps or tentacles that are generally motionless.

Quote:there's also WAU growth coming out the vent Reed's body came in through...

There's nothing to suggest that Reed's body came through that vent. I would even say that vent was plugged with structure gel long before Reed ever set foot in Upsilon. The evacuation and sealing of Upsilon happened many months before Reed showed up, and even at that point, there was structure gel coming out of everywhere.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2017, 02:41 AM by Abion47.)
01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 01-12-2017, 01:12 PM