Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:They do have some reanimated "hybrids" though, like some of the people in Omicron, the guy with mechanical entrails, the girl with a metal head and scissor hand, and some guy laying on the floor in a prison jumpsuit.

I talked about Robothead in a thread on Reddit not too long ago, but the consensus we reached was that she was saved, not reanimated. What seemed most likely was that she was a victim of the black boxes exploding, but was lucky(ish) enough that the blast didn't kill her immediately. Then the WAU, doing what the WAU does, swooped in and "saved" her. The reason we thought so is because she still has a semblance of humanity, crying and telling Simon to "Stay away". If she had been just a zombie or some simple WAU reanimation, then she wouldn't have been able to do that.

I don't recall there being any other reanimations at Omicron. Everyone was either in the WAU dream state or were super dead. I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say the guy with mechanical entrails or the guy in the prison jumpsuit, though.

Quote:I like to think the encounter with Adam Golaski and his mockingbird are canon because the other video with the vivarium is accurately described in the journals in Catherine's room.

That's fallacious, though. The Reed-Vivarium encounter is canon because the game refers to it happening. The Golaski-Mockingbird one, however, is never mentioned or even alluded to once. If the videos were otherwise sound, then this assumption might slide, but I've already covered how they are not only separate, but they are outright contradictory in some major details. Unless the information can be given at least some loose support from the game, the videos cannot be trusted as canon.

Quote:I wish the SOMA makers would just tell us, but they are probably enjoying reading this topic.

I think it would be nice too, but there's a part of me that wonders if they know either. Like, I wonder if they enjoy reading this topic so that they can find out some of the connecting lore as well. Tongue

01-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 01-18-2017, 12:18 AM