Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

Quote:According to the cut content seems like he was going to be some scan reanimated in "something". For whatever reason he was cut.. but I still think of him as a WAU creation.

I disagree here. He had no visible mutation or signs of structure gel corruption, and he had fresh wounds that are bleeding with regular blood. Unless the WAU somehow created a being who was physically indistinguishable from a normal human, and for some reason did this before creating Simon (allegedly), then I say that the man was human through and through.

(Not to mention that there are no other examples, in-lore or in-game, of WAU creations turning on each other.)

Quote:Still.. the second missing diving suit in Upsilon, doesn't feel like it could be the one he has, he's inside a permasealed room.. and the suits are inside another permasealed room... unless everyone always travels through vents in that game.

This does seem like a mystery, though if you think about it, it might not be much of a mystery at all. There were two people leaving Upsilon at the end. Since Amy was stationed at the Shuttle Station (per the above crew log), it's conceivable that she would have her own dive suit there. That would leave Carl with the second missing suit.

Alternatively, the two missing suits are both Amy's and Carl's, and the diving suit Reed/Simon is wearing is the one that Reed originally wore from Lambda to Upsilon.

As for the vents, it would be entirely appropriate for a secret agent to insist on traveling everywhere via vent. Tongue Silliness aside, it would make sense for him to want to travel through vents as opening any permasealed room runs the risk of activating and/or releasing a murderous infected robot.

Quote:My theory is that the SOMA makers just didn't put as much thought into it as we're doing now, and some inconsistencies slipped in as things were added and cut from the game.

Oh, I have no doubt that this is the case. While FG might have some vague idea as to the cause of everything, I doubt that every bizarre and inconsistent detail was placed intentionally. That doesn't mean that this endless cycle of theorycrafting isn't fun, though. Smile

01-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 01-20-2017, 11:35 AM