Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

I'm not sure there is any speculation that can be done on them. As far as I am concerned, the Jiangshi are the biggest unsolved mysteries in the game. Not only are they completely unmentioned in any of the game's lore, they don't even have the benefit that the Robot Girl has where a major event offers a credible explanation. They almost seem to predate any other Mockingbird or WAU monster, having either caused the Curie to sink or having populated the Curie shortly after it sinking. It's possible that they are the crewmembers of the Curie that got "saved" by the WAU, but IIRC (I'm not at a computer to check this), other than in the reactor room, there isn't really any sign of WAU corruption on the ship.

Typing that out made me realize something, though. This explains the discrepancy introduced by the Upsilon log stating that the station should have run out of power almost a year before the events of the game. The WAU was sapping power from the Curie's still functional nuclear generators.

02-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Abion47 - 02-19-2017, 12:24 AM