Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
bbqface Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

(02-18-2017, 04:32 PM)Abion47 Wrote: All the locked doors were already locked by Amy or Carl, and as the person who authored a lot of the posts you are referring to, even I think that suggesting there is a second operative in Upsilon is too much of a stretch. I'm having a hard enough time convincing people with my points about a guy who shouldn't exist. Trying to prove the existence of a second guy who doesn't exist is a bit too much.

I agree it's a stretch to suggest there's more than one secret agent, instead I take the premise further and propose that there's an entire secret team that's deciding what to do with the WAU. What makes more sense?

Scenario A: A single secret Carthage agent acting on their own who's figured out what the WAU was trying to do by reanimating bodies, so they perform cortex surgery on Simon 2 then lock themselves in the Omnitool room, knowing what was about to happen to Simon 2 but not expecting the Construct to enter through the vents and kill him of course.

I'm having a hard time explaining that behavior, why did the single secret Carthage agent go through the trouble of helping the WAU create what became Simon 2?

Maybe this single agent wanted to see for themselves if the theory of a sound mind in a sound body really is sufficient to consider something alive. Maybe that's a reasonable motive for a secret Carthage agent/researcher? I think that's a stretch, but possible.

Scenario B: A single secret Carthage agent who's acting on orders from higher-ups that are designing the WAU experiment from another secret location on Pathos-II. If there's a secret facility to host and monitor the WAU heart, then I propose there's a secret facility to design and develop the WAU also located on Pathos-II, and that's where our mystery headless diver came from, under orders or under agreement from the WAU development team.

Since this mystery agent would have been directly involved in the WAU development and would have seen its crazy potential as a life-preserving technology, they've let go of some moral concerns and are performing cortex surgery on corpses to experiment with the WAU to further their efforts of preserving something left of humanity and life.

I might be completely wrong, but I'm thinking there's a larger investment in the WAU than we know about including another secret station of Pathos-II for the WAU development team.

This part is just my personal reasoning for a motive for Carthage to invest more secret WAU development resources in Pathos-II:
The idea that the WAU is a large investment by Carthage and there's more secret areas to Pathos-II makes sense to me, if I were Carthage I'd send more support staff to Pathos-II than three hands-off monitoring/protection staff. I'd send my research staff in secret, able to work in complete secrecy in Pathos-II to develop the WAU.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2017, 06:59 AM by bbqface.)
02-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by bbqface - 02-19-2017, 06:26 AM